Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cherry Blossom Nails // Tutorial

This week I decided to try something a little different with my nails. I started off with my favorite nude polish and added a cherry blossom/floral detail. This design is definitely a bit complicated, but it can totally be done! 


Here's how I create this look: 

One // Start off with a nude base color. I used Essie's Sand Tropez. I'd also like to experiment with different colors! 

Two // Before moving on to the design, layer a top coat over the nude polish. This will make things much easier in the next step ;) 

Three // Use a thin brush or black striper to create the branches. 


This is the striper that I use from Sally's. It definitely makes painting those thin lines easier! No surprise, the key here is to have a steady hand and be patient. 

This is also where that top coat comes in handy. If you mess up the branches once or twice, the black polish can easily be removed with a tiny bit of nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol, and the base color stays intact. Thank you, top coat! 

Four // Use a dotting tool (or toothpick) to add the pink blossoms. I put about four or five dots on each nail. 

Five // Finish with one last top coat for that beautiful shine and protection! 


(Oh, and enjoy the gorgeous nail art!) 

xoxo - hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment